PRODUCTION, SUSTAINABILITY + BRAND ETHOS
my clothing line is a reaction to fast fashion. all products are designed and made to last, with a focus on ethical and sustainable production.
all clothing (excluding organic cotton tshirts) is made in redfern, sydney by a small team of skilled makers. i work closely with my makers at all stages of production, ensuring that everyone who is working on my products is doing so in safe and fair working conditions.
my printed pieces are digitally printed in alexandria, sydney, in an ECA-accreditated (Ethical Clothing Australia) print house. i illustrate all prints by hand, inspired by the natural world.
i use the following sustainable fabrics and processes:
- 100% natural fibres
- digital printing - this uses less water than conventional dyeing and allows me to only print the amount of fabric that is needed for production, thus minimising wastage and excess
- silk - my silk is sourced from china. it is a natural fibre and is fully biodegradable
- linen - my linen is sourced from lithuania. it is naturally pest-resistant, requiring no chemicals and very little water to grow. linen is one of the most sustainable fabrics available
- organic cotton / hemp blend - this fabric is grown without the use of herbicides / pesticides so is much better for the environment than conventional cotton. hemp also requires very little water to produce.
- wool - wool is completely biodegradable and also naturally resistant to bacteria and odour
- packaging - all of my packaging is made from 100% recycled paper / cardboard / tissue paper. i use compostable postage bags to send orders, which can be disposed of in your home compost / worm farm. i do not use any plastic in my packaging
- local production - by producing my clothing locally in sydney, i massively reduce the carbon emissions required to get the garments from the maker to the customer
- small quantities - i only make very small production runs of all of my pieces. while this may mean that your size is not always available, it allows me to avoid wastage and obsolete stock, as i only make enough pieces to fulfill demand. if your size is out of stock, please get in touch to join a waitlist
- offcuts - i use all of my fabric offcuts to create small accessories such as scrunchies, lavender eye pillows, packaging and more. i avoid waste and landfill of fabric at all costs
- all items are posted with Australia Post's carbon neutral parcel delivery service
i acknowledge that i work on Gadigal land, with my production house and studio based in Redfern, a suburb which has historically been of huge political, cultural and social significance to the local Indigenous community. in respect of this community i am committed to donating 1% of clothing sales each month to the Aboriginal Legal Service, an Indigenous-community-controlled organisation based around the corner in Redfern. i understand that this is a small percentage however i believe that these small amounts will all add up to contribute to meaningful, long-term change in the community.
please get in touch at email@example.com with any further questions or comments.